Lubin Baugin Gallery
French painter. He became a master in the painters guild of Saint-Germain-des-Pras in 1629. From c. 1636 he was in Italy, but he is known to have been in Paris again in 1641; in 1645 he became a member of the Acadmie de St Luc, and in 1651 he was also a member of the Acadmie Royale after the temporary amalgamation of the two institutions. Like many of his generation he was deeply influenced by the art of the Fontainebleau school.
ID: 33598 Still Life with Chessboard mk86
Oil on panel
Paris,Musee Natinal du Louvre